NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. The 2020 TVA EnergyRight December Promotion (the “Promotion”) begins at 8:00:01 AM Central Time (“CT”) on December 1, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on December 27, 2020 (the “Promotion Period”). The computer clock of the Sponsor (defined below) is the official time-keeping device in the Promotion.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia, who are 18 (except 19 in Alabama and 21 in Mississippi) years of age or older as of date of entry and are served by a local power company that is served by the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). Employees, officers and directors of TVA (“Sponsor”) and the power companies served by TVA, redpepper (“Administrator”) and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, contest, fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively, “Promotion Parties”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Void in any state not listed above and where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- HOW TO ENTER THE PROMOTION: There is one (1) way to enter the Promotion:
FACEBOOK: To enter the Promotion during the Promotion Period, visit the TVA EnergyRight Facebook page (www.facebook.com/TVAEnergyRight) (“Facebook Page”), “Like” the contest entry, and “comment” to enter. All entrants must have a valid email address. Additional entries may be made by “sharing” and/or “tagging” friends. Entrants who are found to have submitted bulk entries in connection with the promotion conducted during the foregoing entry period shall be disqualified. All details are subject to verification. Entries omitting any of the eligibility requirements shall be disqualified and deemed ineligible to win.
All entries must comply with any and all applicable Facebook and terms, guidelines and policies. This Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook. All information submitted by entrants in connection with this Promotion is being submitted to Sponsor, not Facebook. To the extent of any conflict between these Official Rules and the applicable Facebook terms, guidelines or policies, these Official Rules will apply.
No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for computer system, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for damaged, lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries; technical, hardware, software, electronic or telephone failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; fraudulent, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by Sponsor, the entrants, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion; or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of submissions or downloading, that may limit, delay or prevent an entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Promotion or terminate the Promotion and award the Prize, as defined below, from entries received up to time of termination or suspension should virus, bugs or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, unauthorized human intervention, malfunction, computer problems, phone line or network hardware or software malfunction, which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt, compromise or materially affect the administration, fairness, security or proper play of the Promotion or proper submission of entries. Sponsor is not liable for any loss, injury or damage caused, whether directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from downloading data or otherwise participating in this Promotion.
- DRAWING/ODDS: The winner will be selected by Sponsor in a random drawing from all eligible entries received to be held after the close of the Promotion Period on or about December 28, 2020. The odds of winning depend on the number of completed, eligible entries received for the drawing. Sponsor is responsible for determining the winners of the Prizes in its sole discretion, subject to these Official Rules. All decisions made by Sponsor concerning the award of Prizes shall be final and binding.
The Promotion will consist of four (4) individual Weekly Drawings (each a “Weekly Drawing”). Each Weekly Entry Period will begin at a specified time (each a “Weekly Entry Period Start Time”) and will end at a specified time (each a “Weekly Entry Period End Time”) as detailed in the chart below and will be selected in an electronic, randomized drawing. The Weekly Drawing will be conducted on or around the weekly drawing date (“Weekly Drawing Date”) specified in the chart below from among all eligible entries received during such Weekly Entry Period. Entries must be received before the end of the Weekly Entry Period to be eligible for the corresponding Weekly Drawing.
|Weekly Entry Period
||Weekly Entry Period Start Time
||Weekly Entry Period End Time
||Weekly Drawing Date
||December 1, 2020 at 08:00:00AM CT
||December 6, 2020 at 11:59:59PM CT
||December 7, 2020 at 08:00:00AM CT
||December 13, 2020 at 11:59:59PM CT
||December 14, 2020 at 08:00:00AM CT
||December 20, 2020 at 11:59:59PM CT
||December 21, 2020 at 08:00:00AM CT
||December 27, 2020 at 11:59:59PM CT
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential prize winners will be notified via a comment by TVA EnergyRight Facebook Page within three (3) business days of winner selection or as soon as reasonably practicable on the entry comment. Potential winners will have ten (10) days to respond to winning notification before forfeiting their prize. Any winner of a prize package valued at $600 or more will be sent an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release via email. All forms must be completed, signed, notarized and returned to Administrator within ten (10) days of date of issuance. Potential winner becomes the “Winner” only after verification of eligibility by Sponsor. If such potential winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period, if the potential winner is ineligible, if any notification is returned undeliverable, or if the potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit that prize and an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining entries for that drawing.
- PRIZES/PRIZE RESTRICTIONS:
WEEKLY PROMOTION PRIZES (4): Four (4) Weekly Promotion Prizes will be awarded during the Promotion. The Weekly Promotion Prize consists of:
- Week 1: TVA EnergyRight Home Evaluation; Honeywell Compact AirGenius 4 Air Purifier HFD280B; Tripp Lite 7-Outlet 1080 Joules 1800-Watt Various Receptacles Surge Protector; Solar Power Bank; Qi Portable Charger; Brita Plastic Water Filter Bottle, 26 Ounce 1 Count. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Week 1 Weekly Promotion Prize is $277.
- Week 2: TVA EnergyRight Home Evaluation; Philips HueWhite and Color Ambiance A19 LED 60W Equivalent Dimmable Smart Wireless Lighting Starter Kit (4 Bulbs and Bridge); Kasa Smart Plug Power Strip; Surge Protector w/ 6 Smart Outlets and 3 USB Ports; Echo (4th Gen). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Week 2 Weekly Promotion Prize is $384.
- Week 3: TVA EnergyRight Home Evaluation; Ninja Foodi Digital Fry, Convection Oven, Toaster, Air Fryer, Flip-Away; COSORI Electric Gooseneck Bluetooth with Variable Temperature Control Pour Over Coffee Kettle & Tea Kettle; (2) Stasher 100% Silicone Food Grade Reusable Storage Bag, Clear (4-Piece Bundle Set); (2) Bee’s Wrap – Assorted Set of 3. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Week 3 Weekly Promotion Prize is $477.
- Week 4: TVA EnergyRight Home Evaluation; TCL 43S325 43 Inch 1080p Smart LED ROKU TV (2019); Google Nest Thermostat E; Kasa Smart Plug Power Strip & Kasa 2 pack Smart Plug, WiFi Outlet; Echo Show 5 Sandstone with Blink Mini Indoor Smart Security Camera. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Week 4 Weekly Promotion Prize is $589.
The total ARV of all prizes is $1,727.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit of one (1) Promotion Prize per person/per household. All Promotion Prizes will be fulfilled approximately four (4) to six (6) weeks after the Promotion has ended. Prizes will be awarded only upon winner redemption, confirmation, verification and final approval by Sponsor. No substitution, transfer of any prize or cash alternative permitted, except by Sponsor who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, if prize, or portion of prize, becomes unavailable. Promotion Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, delayed, or undelivered prizes.
PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” WITH NO GUARANTEE. ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY THE PROMOTION PARTIES. ALL PRIZE DETAILS ARE AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION. ANY COSTS AND EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AND USE NOT SPECIFIED HEREIN AS BEING PROVIDED ARE WINNERS’ SOLE RESPONSIBILITY.
- GENERAL: Each winner hereby expressly grants to the Promotion Parties and their respective designees all rights to use and publish his/her name, likeness (photographic or simulated), voice, and province of residence for all purposes, including without limitation, advertising, marketing, promotional and publicity purposes in connection with this Promotion (“Advertising”), in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without any form of notice or any amount or kind of compensation or permission, except where prohibited by applicable law. All copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights in such Advertising shall be owned by Sponsor and/or its licensors, and each winning participant hereby disclaims and waives any claim of right to such Advertising. Such Advertising shall be solely under the control of Sponsor and/or its licensors, and each winner hereby waives any claim of control over the Advertising content as well as any possible claims of misuse of such winning recipient’s name, likeness or voice under contract, tort or any other theory of law. The Promotion Parties do not assume any responsibility for any disruption in the Promotion Parties, including but not limited to the failure or interruption any internet service provider. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures and other statements contained in any Promotion materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control. In no event will more prizes be awarded than those listed in Rule #5. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. All decisions as to these Official Rules and interpretations thereof are exclusively within the sole discretion of the Promotion Parties and may be changed from time to time without notice. The Promotion Parties reserve the right to cancel or modify the Promotion at any time without notice. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning Entry. If, in Sponsor’s sole determination, a dispute cannot be resolved, the Entry will be deemed ineligible. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, or corrupted are void and will not be accepted.
- CONDUCT: By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Promotion Parties, which shall be final, binding and non-appealable in all respects. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. The Promotion Parties reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Promotion, or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promotion Parties to be in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promotion Parties to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person and void all associated Entries and/or registrations. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER, YOU OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE PROMOTION PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Promotion Parties assume no responsibility or liability for (a) lost, late, stolen, undelivered, inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misdirected, damaged or garbled registrations, Entries, URLs, or emails; (b) any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (c) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of Entries or registrations at any point in the operation of this Promotion; (d) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, cable, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Promotion; (e) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Web Site or any combination thereof or for computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of Entries, social networking posts, or registrations, the announcement of the prizes, or in any other Promotion-related materials; or (f) any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Promotion. If, for any reason, the Promotion (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, then the Promotion Parties reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion in whole or in part. If terminated, the Promotion Parties will award the prizes from among all non-suspect, eligible Entries received for the Promotion up to the time of such action.
- RELEASES: All participants, as a condition of participation in this Promotion, agree to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Promotion Parties from and against any and all liability, claims, damages, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with (i) participation in any aspect of the Promotion, (ii) the receipt, ownership or use of the prize awarded, including any travel associated with any prize, (iii) participant’s registration material on any related website, or (iv) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules.
- CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or winners, Sponsor, and administrator in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the Federal laws of the United States, and to the extent not inconsistent therewith, the laws of the State of Tennessee, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Tennessee or any other jurisdiction), which might otherwise cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Tennessee. Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to the Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the Federal Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee. You hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non-convenience or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
- TAX INFORMATION: All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner.
- WINNERS LIST: To receive the list of winners of prizes, send a #10 self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by January 27, 2021 to: 2020 December Promotion Winners List Request, c/o redpepper, 305 Jefferson St, Nashville, TN 37208.
SPONSOR: TVA EnergyRight, 26 Century Blvd., Nashville, TN 37214
ADMINISTRATOR: redpepper, 305 Jefferson St, Nashville, TN 37208